Prep & Prime:
- Invest in a good SPF to use before priming, Soap and Glory Make Yourself Youthful Sunshield Superfluid SPF50+ is great cream for your face and neck that contains vitamin C, E and oil absorbing powders.
- Applying a primer to your skin before foundation helps to create a smooth, long lasting base. I always tend to go for a radiant, illuminating primer like L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer, it's a beautiful pearlescent primer that really lifts and brightens the skin. A smoothing and slightly mattifying primer like Benefit the Porefessional is also a great option for summer!
- Opt for waterproof liquid eyeliners and mascaras to stop them melting and flaking in the heat.
- Cream eyeshadows are a great summer staple as they give you fuss free colour that lasts for hours. Maybelline Color Tattoos in Eternal Gold and Pink Gold are two of my favourite shades, they're easily applied with your ring finger for a wash of shimmery colour over the lids, see swatches here.
- Try wearing a lighter base, I love Maybelline BB cream as it smooths imperfections, gives me a little coverage and contains SPF30!
- A cheek stain like Benefit Posietint is great for hot summer days, it gives a long lasting, buildable pretty pink stain to your cheeks.
- Use a mattifying powder like Rimmel Stay Matte, just a light dusting around the t-zone keeps your base shine free.
- Carry a cooling face mist around with you, I make sure to keep a bottle of Caudalie Beauty Elixir in the fridge at all times throughout summer. Just a couple of cooling spritzes can revitalise your make up and help to keep you feeling fresh.
- Utilise your fridge, it's great for storing face mists, toners and eye creams!
- Choose a lip balm that also contains SPF, Maybelline Babylips in Hydrate is an affordable balm that contains SPF20, it's great to pop in your bag to wear everyday and it contains shea butter and honey to keep lips soft.
- For bold lips, Sleek Matte Me Liquid Lipsticks* are the longest lasting lip products that I've tried. The shade range is beautiful, they dry to a velvet finish and last for hours on the lips without budging.
What are your tips for heatproof make up?