With March came the spring equinox, longer, lighter days, delicate pink blossoming tree's and floaty spring dresses trickling into stores again. I thought that I would share five loves this March - five things, that I've fallen for of late!
Wednesday, 29 March 2017
Sunday, 26 March 2017
I adore the idea of switching up your decor for a new season - replacing ornaments and wintry hues with pieces more suited for spring/summer. I thought I would share a few things that I've switched out this year and a few ways to freshen up your home for spring!
Thursday, 23 March 2017
Sunday, 19 March 2017
Not just for Autumn/Winter, Spring is the ideal time to knit and to start working on a snug blanket. That way, when the colder months roll round again your blanket will be nearly finished! I've combined stockinette stitch (knit one line, purl one line - love this easy to follow along tutorial) with this gorgeous wool that's speckled with peach, pink and lilac. It's such a cute mismatch pattern, soft, cosy and will look ideal thrown over the arm of my sofa!
Wednesday, 15 March 2017
As tree's unfold in full bloom, sleepy queen bee's drift in the mild breeze and the first signs of hayfever tickle your nose, it's truly beginning to feel like spring! I take this as an indicator, a green light of sorts to kickstart the spring cleaning - clearing clutter and ensuring that every corner of my home is squeaky clean! Whilst tackling my bathroom, I noticed that my Lush supplies were dwindling, my last sparkly pumpkin a crumbly, sorry mess and a lonely magic wand with the bell missing from the festive season. I decided to take to Lush to spy their new spring collections and to replenish my stash. I thought I would share the pieces that caught my eye, along with a couple of old favourites that always make a re-appearance for me at this time of the year too!
Sunday, 12 March 2017
Wednesday, 8 March 2017
Writing is something that I've totally fallen in love with through blogging. It was always something that I struggled with the most on my blog, until about a year ago when I set my mind to improving my skills. Styling and photography always used to be my first love when it came to composing a post, but now I love the writing aspect just as much!
Sunday, 5 March 2017
I finally have a little space for my new desk and so I thought that I would share a few snippets and desk essentials with you! I've opted for an affordable Ikea desk for the time being, I'm still not used to such a vast space! If anything, the desk is perhaps a little big for me, but It's ok for now, until I can find one a little smaller and with a drawer or two to store my notebooks and paperwork in!
Friday, 3 March 2017
1. Spring Clean.
2. Pick up new home decor pieces for spring, switch out wintry hues and replace with fresh, airy picks suited for the warmer months ahead!
3. Spend sunny weekends blossom spotting - look out for cherry blossom and magnolias (my fave!).
4. Invest in another Calvin Klein bralette, after umming and arring over these super soft picks, I finally took the plunge and it's safe to say I'm in love! They're SO comfy, I have my eye on this blush pink one next!
5. Work on a dressing area. Now that I've started to streamline my wardrobe I want to create a pretty area that inspires me to wear more. I've neglected my rail since the move and so plan to fill it with blush picks, bags and hats again!
6. Try some Pixi skincare, to help fix my post winter skin - the milky hydrating mist sounds dreamy!
7. Bake. I'm already missing the cosy comforts of autumn and so I'm planning to whip up a spiced cinnamon apple crumble laced with vanilla and drizzled with (vegan) cream.
8. Keep a positive mindset. Whilst spring marks new beginnings, lighter, longer days and fresh blooms, for me it's a reminder that summer's on it's way - I'm truly an autumn/winter girl at heart. I'm throwing myself fully into self care - new hobbies, listening to Ed Sheeran's new album, a little exercise and earlier nights to keep my spirits high!
9. Make fresh tea infusions. With sliced ginger root and a squeeze of lemon - great for anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties and skin benefits. Or steeping fresh mint leaves in hot water to aid digestion, it tastes delicious too!
10. Check out the Essie X Monique Lhuillier range, the shades are SO beautiful - plus, they're made by my dream dress designer!
What's on your to do list for March?
Wednesday, 1 March 2017
So far this year, I've been flitting between four Essie shades that I just can't get enough of. These gorgeous picks are pretty much all I've been wearing - they're constantly on rotation!
Normally, around this time of the year I would reach for pastels or brights but instead I've been preferring to opt for classic reds and muted tones for the lead up to spring. Who knows, I may still reach for bright coral pinks or cool mint hues when the weather gets a little warmer, but for now, I'm loving these classy and understated shades!
Probably my favourite classic red, Essie Aperitif is a gorgeous, timeless cherry red that works all year round. A suits all shade, this gorgeous rouge is my go-to when I'm not sure what to wear - it's the kind of shade that you can swipe on and instantly feel more put together. One of my all time favourites!
I'm so in love with Essie Eternal Optimist, a spiced tea rose this pretty pink pick is so flattering on. It's thick, creamy formula is one that I adore - it's lasting and opaque in just one coat (although I normally opt for two). This delicate rosy pick pairs so well with gold jewellery, white tops, black jackets - also it's ideal for brightening up a gloomy day!
For an everyday shade, Essie Maximilian Strasse Her is the one. A gorgeous muted grey/blue with a hint of mint (depending on the light) this versatile hue compliments the change of seasons perfectly. Another creamy formula, this applies like a dream on my nails and lasts well too!
Lastly, the only real bright in this round up, Essie Fifth Avenue is a divine, glossy orange red - it's so chic! The warm orange tones pair so well with blush pinks, it's a staple guaranteed to last me through Spring to Autumn!
What are your go-to shades at this time of the year?
What are your go-to shades at this time of the year?